Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Feeling a bit like Moses

I just realized that today I"m feeling like Moses, well, him and the Israelites. It feels like for the past 30 years of my life, I've been wandering around in the desert. There have been some oasis, but overall, I feel like I"m not where I should be, or where I want to be.

After taking the leap and saying "We are going to head out and hit the road and live the travelin' life...I've come to see that there is going to be a lot of planning, sacrifices, and some painful moments to attain the life I want. Of course, I think everyone who has a dream spills much blood, sweat and tears over it. What would be easy would to be staying where we are, doing what we are doing, and getting by. But that's not what I want anymore. Not even 8 years ago when I purchased my house, I thought I was buying my dream. I racked up lots of credit card debt decorating, fixing ( and that part NEVER ends) and etc. I know see, that was all pretty foolish and it wasn't what I wanted. With age comes wisdom, and I've learned that a simple life, full of love, laughter and sharing God's message is what I want.

Trying to dig my way out of the debt mountain I created for myself may take awhile, months, years, who knows. But, I do know that I have a goal and I'm working towards it.

No comments:

Post a Comment